We have received your application and payment. An email has also been sent to you for confirmation. If we need anything else, we'll reach out to you. Otherwise, you'll hear from us month before the event to make sure you're ready and everything is in order.
To re-iterate, here are a few things you'll need to keep in mind for the event:
Please read through the City of Calgary Food Vendor Operating Requirements
- 10' x 10' in dimensions
- All tent legs must be weighed down by at least 20 lbs
For food vendors
- Tent canvas needs to be fire-resistant (CAN/ULC S-109M "Standard for Flame Tests of Flame Resistant Fabrics and Films"). Be prepared to show the inspector the flame resistance certificate
- No gas-fueled appliances are allowed to operate within the tents
- Electrical powered cooking is permitted inside the tents
- Propane tanks must be located outside the tent and have minimum clearance of 3m to any other structures
- Fire extinguishers are required
- Food items that produce grease laden vapors will not be permitted to be cooked under a tent without a kitchen hood
If you need extra power (we already provide you with 1500 watts) or have special electrical needs, download this electrical and lighting order form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. They'll make sure you're got the power you need at the event.
Not sure what kind of sink you need? Have a look through AHS's Sink Requirements guidelines to determine what to get. Most vendors get a two-compartment sink. Depending on what you're making, you may be able to share a two-compartment sink with another vendor. Please let us know if you'd like to share with another vendor so we can connect you with others that also want to share.
There is no potable water source and grey water disposal at the site. You will need to bring your own potable water, and dispose your grey water at a location approved by the City of Calgary.
Equipment like tables, chairs, power cords must be provided by you.